According to recently rumors on CR, Canon currently is testing three different image sensors for the upcoming Canon full frame mirrorless camera.
These three image sensors have different pixel count, rumors said are 24MP, 28MP and 36MP. Currently no other detail about these sensors. Several days ago, Nikon is also rumored to announce a7 III killer full frame mirrorless camera in September.
Below are first rumored specs of Canon full frame mirrorless prototype:
- Look & Feel: large grip with top LCD, very comfortable to hold; dials are very similar to those we found on the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Side articulating screen
- Sensor: Upgraded version of the EOS 5D Mark IV sensor, obviously includes DPAF.
- Frame rate: 10FPS
- Silent shutter and 1/16000sec shutter speed is available
- Focus control is very similar to EOS 5D Mark IV’s 61-pt AF system.
- Dual SD card slots
- Video Features: C-Log 1/2/3, Focus Guide
- Formats available: 60p/30p/24p 4K (both DCI & UHD can be chosen).
- FHD 120p
- Weight: not very light, but similar to Sony A7 but a bit larger due to the big grip.