According to latest rumors, the first Canon full frame mirrorless camera could be named Canon EOS R. It is rumored to have a 24MP or 28MP full frame mirrorless sensor. It will compete with current Sony a7 III and Nikon Z6.
Below are rumored specs of Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera:
- Camera name: Canon EOS R
- RF Mount (New mount, possible EF compatibility ?)
- No reports of new “RF” lenses being announced alongside the body.
- Similar ergonomics to the EOS M50
- Slightly larger body than the EOS M50
- Will compete with the Sony a7 III & Nikon Z6
- Price around $2,000
- 24mp or 28mp full frame mirrorless sensor (Two different reports)
- Announcement on September 5, 2018
Follow Canon EOS R on Facebook: